Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"GOD IS AMAZING!!!"

By the title of today's post I am sure I have you on the edge of your seat! God has truly blessed us over and over. We sit back in amazement of how he is working in our life. Every week I start with a fun filled day of calling the insurance company and hospital/doctor offices to discuss bills and things that are not being paid. If you remember back to a couple months ago when we had Trinity's third surgery with the plastic surgeon we had said that our insurance company was not going to cover it because it was out of our network. Yesterday I talked to the insurance company about all that we needed to get our appeal started and to try and get this bill paid. They wanted a letter written from the plastic surgeon stating what he had done to Trinity and that it was an emergency surgery that needed to be done ASAP and he was the only one available to do it. When I called the doctor's office to see if they would be willing to write this letter up the lady that I would work with in the billing department was not available, but would call me today (Tuesday). While I was getting ready this morning for our weekly play date with some girls from church I got a phone call from the billing department. I explained what I needed from them and with much surprise she told me that the doctor had talked to her a few days earlier about our bill. He wanted her to except what the insurance company would pay and to write off the remaining balance leaving us with nothing to pay. I had to have her repeat what she had just told me because I was in complete shock. The doctor told her that he knew we were very stressed about the financial part of the surgery and didn't want us to have to worry about it and stress over what the insurance company wasn't going to pay. Of course I broke down into tears and thanked her about a billion times. It just showed us what a big heart that doctor has and that he put Trinity's needs above his.
What an AMAZING GOD we serve, AMEN!!! I can tell you so many stories about the wonderful things he has done for us. In fact I am pretty sure we could write a book. From the donations that people have given us, the blessings of living in Michigan, the doctors that Trinity has, the friends and family, etc... So many people have taken time out of their busy schedules to help our family not feel such a burden with our finances. We can not "thank" ALL of you enough for your continued prayers and support. Everytime you pray GOD gives us a sense of peace that everything is going to be okay and reminds us that he is in control and will take care of us in every situation we are in.
On another note: Trinity seen her Pediatrician on Friday of last week. He was very pleased with how she was looking, but was a little concerned with her upper body strength. He recommended that we go to the Children's hospital in Detroit to see a group of doctors that work with patients with spina bifida. Yesterday I made the appointment and they will not be able to see her until the 15th of July. I was hoping for earlier, but we will take what we can get. She will see the Neurosurgeon before that so that makes it a little less stressful. In about a week and half she has her 4 month appointment. I have really been struggling with the immunization shots and what are the appropriate ones that Trinity should have and what are the ones that she really don't need. Please pray that Shannon and I make the right choice for Trinity and that it is what GOD wants and not what we want or others want. We have also started her PT and OT and we will be doing that on our own until school starts again in September. She really don't seem to mind it, but it is wearing her out at night.
Sorry I am so long winded, but I felt like there was a lot to talk about in this post. To those of you in Iowa, we are praying for you as you deal with the floods and all the tornadoes that have touched down.
We send our love to all of you and hope you have a great week!!
Love~The Arthur's

2 comments:

Stefanie Van Wyk said...

God IS amazing! That is awesome that the doctor is writing off the rest of the surgery costs!

It was so fun to see you at the benefit. You guys have two very precious little girls. Your faith through everything is so inspiring and uplifting! Your girls are blessed to have two such great parents who will love and protect them.

In our thoughts and prayers,
Marlo and Stefanie and family

Angela said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog through the Anderson's blog (whom I also don't know!) and just wanted to thank you for sharing that story. What a blessing that your debt is being written off! God always has a way of meeting our needs!