Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Rejoice Always"

I put "Rejoice Always" in the title because it is something I have to say to myself everyday, even when things seem hopeless, I have to remember to rejoice! I say this because the last week has been such a guessing game with Trinity. Unfortunately she has still had some vomiting issues and choking. Maybe this is something we will deal with for the rest of her life, or maybe it is going to take awhile to change. With the vomiting it does make us concerned that something could be wrong with her shunt, but we are watching for any other signs that come with a shunt malfunction. I swear it is such a guessing game. Yesterday I was doing some PT with her on the floor and when I layed her on her tummy it was a wake-up call to me that Trinity had lost her neck strength, which is a given considering they had to cut through her muscles back there. So we have been working on restrengthening those muscles, which does not make her very happy. This would be the time that I wish I was in Iowa so our favorite PT could help us, "Oh, Paula"!!

We had the privilege of having my parents and Grandma Shearer here for a week to help out and then Shannon's parents came Friday night with a surprise for Aubree. They brought Aubree's cousin Selah with them. They had a lot of fun playing together! They had to leave yesterday, which did not make Aubree a very happy girl for about an hour. She wanted to know when her Grandma was coming back.

We have a pretty uneventful week here at home, which is fine by me. Trinity needs all the rest she can get and if she is stimulated too much she gets kinda fussy by the end of the day. Her incision is looking and healing really good. We will have our 2 week checkup with Dr. Haines on Feb. 11th.

5 comments:

NANA said...

Nana loves those neck muscles they give really good neckens! I LOVE NECKENS!!! Aubree give Mommy some neckens from Nana! Maybe it will make her feel better! Miss you all, we will see you soon for Trinity's first BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXXOO

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you all...

Hang in there Miranda! Remember how many people love you and are praying for you...hopefully that will help you feel a little better.

CureSMA4Stella said...

Hang in there dear! Sometimes it always seems like there is something else to worry about but I TRY to remember "Be still and know that I am God." Yes, easier said than done . . . I, like you, have so many worries too. Today I noticed that Stella couldn't operate her switch toys and I was so scared that it means that ability is gone forever . . . I thin it's a phase but who knows. I have to learn to trust better. Love, Sarah :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so humbled by the daily struggles you have and it makes me realize how much I take for granted. We would love to donate our pop can tabs...could I get your address so I can just mail them to you? Or, if there's a better place, let me know where. Thanks for your posts & your family is on our prayer list!! Trisha (Lanser) Korns - btkorns@iowatelecom.net

Crystal said...

Hi, I love your blog. That beautiful baby and your whole family are in my prayers. I know the struggles you're going through, I've been there. My Baby girl is 22 now. I can tell you, it will get easier!! Keep up the great work!