Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pneumonia and PT


Last week we made an unexpected ER visit with Trinity. She had a really nasty cough for over a week and I took her to the doctor to find that she had viral pneumonia, they wanted her to go on to the ER to make sure that a good x-ray was done and to look her over really good. They did determine that it was viral pneumonia and they sent us home with a nebulizer to give her treatments every 4hrs. In the last 2 days she has finally been getting over her cold and starting to act more like Trinity. Now Aubree is sick, I swear we don't get many breaks around here!

It has been a good week for Trinity. We had PT on Thursday and she did great!! We sat her in a sitting position and while leaning on her right arm she sat all by herself for 1 minute and 15 seconds, this is a record!! She also layed on her belly and pushed herself up on her arms with no help from anyone. This made my day and pretty much my week. The physical therapist was very impressed with how well she did, especially after having pneumonia. She's getting such a personality and it is so much fun to watch. A big hurdle we are trying to get over is the eating problem. She still can't eat any table foods without vomiting, so I am waiting to hear back from Shriners to see if they will do the swallow study or if our pediatrician should order it. We need to get something figured out so the girl can start eating some fun foods and gain some weight! I looked at Aubree's medical records from when she was born and I compared them with Trinity's I got quite a laugh out of it. When Aubree was 15 months old (like Trinity is now) she weighed 28lbs, Trinity only weighs 17lbs, how funny is that! So you can see now why Trinity can not fit into most of Aubree's clothes that she wore when she was 15mths old! I love it though, Aubree and Trinity are so different in so many ways and I love that God chose Shannon and I to be there earthly parents. They both bring so much joy to our lives!

We are having a rainy day here, but it is desperately needed. I have a great neighbor that I and the girls have grown to love! They have 3 girls all under the age of 4 and Aubree loves playing with them. We are going to take them to a indoor playground and let them get rid of some energy today. :-)

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I love reading your blog. I check in about once a week. While I'm sad about the pneumonia, I'm very excited about Trinity propping up on the elbows and sitting up by herself! She is such a trooper!
You amaze me too; you are so challenged and yet you express how blessed you are. You are the perfect parents. Tell me when you are in the area again and I will find you!
Paula Fontinel, PT

roduns said...

Oh goodness! You have had your own ER stuff too! I am SO glad Trinity is better - pneumonia is not fun! I hope Aubree gets better soon as well!
I am excited to hear about all of Trinity's skilz (as Matt would say!) :)

CureSMA4Stella said...

Bummer, pneumonia! Hope you all are feeling great again soon! Think of you all the time. Big hugs!