Thursday, August 26, 2010

Orthopedic

On Monday Trinity had her Orthopedic appointment @ Gillette. They did x-rays of her in the TLSO and her curve is 56 degrees. We are unsure what her curve is outside of the brace because they don't like to do too many x-rays because of all the radiation. This is good for now! I really hate to know what she looks like outside of the brace, but this definitely opened my eyes to how important it is to keep her in her TLSO as much as we can. It has been so hot out and with everything that has been going on this summer I just avoided putting it on her. At least this week we have had a cool down and no humidity so it has made it pretty comfortable for her which is nice. We really need to keep her in this 56 degree range and keep her from getting a any worse curve in her brace. I would like to avoid surgery for at least a few more years. And if it be God's will then I would love to see her make it to the age of 13! (maybe wishful thinking) Question for all you moms, if you have any "cute" onesies that are size 12mth or larger and want to get rid of them or sell them please let me know. Trinity has to wear a onesie to protect her skin and it is hard to find "cute" onsies in larger sizes.

On Tuesday we are going to order her new wheelchair and we are really excited about this! We have had one to trial for the past few weeks and Trinity just loves the freedom that it gives her and it is amazing how different she acts when she is in it. Unfortunately we won't get her new one for about 2-3 months so I am trying to find a place that will rent one to us until we get hers. I just don't feel right taking something away that makes her so happy!

Aubree starts preschool in a few weeks and she can not wait! Trinity also starts her new school year of therapy in a few weeks too. It is kinda exciting because we get to do some in a classroom this year and I am really excited to see how she interacts with the other kids.

I have a prayer request. We met a great family in the hospital and their son Will has been through a lot lately. He spent over 60 days in the hospital and just this past Saturday got out. They have been having a lot of issues with all his meds and it is messing with his heart rate and they are having to put him on oxygen a lot. Will has cerebral palsy and epilepsy. I was so unfamiliar with epilepsy until I met Will. He has numerous seizures in a day and they are trying to control it with these certain drugs, but unfortunately they cause side effects for him. I am asking that everyone that reads this lifts Will up in prayer and ask God's healing on Will. This little boy has been through a lot along with his family. Trinity and Aubree adore him and I am so thankful to have met them!


Shannon and the girls @ Vikings Training Camp!!

3 comments:

HennHouse said...

Will be praying for WIll...

And I'll dig through the closet for some onsies... but you know, even if they aren't cute... my mom LOVES to embroider!

Liz and Will Timmerman said...

We will be praying for Will! Thanks for the updates on your blog. The girls are looking so grown up and beautiful.

Love,
The Timmermans

impact98 said...

Thanks for the updates on your family. I cannot belive how big the girls are getting. We will pray for Will. We think about all of you every day. We miss you so much!

Love,
The Wittmer's