Monday, September 19, 2011

Surgery and Updates


Next week the 29th, Trinity will have growing rods placed at Gillette. With it only being about a week away it is definitely causing some butterflies in the stomach. This was a big decision for Shannon and I, but God has given me a peace about it and we are putting our faith and trust in Him! They are looking at it being around 5-6 hours and she will probably be in the hospital a minimum of 7 days. Last week she had many prep-visits with her pulminologist, pediatrician @ Gillette, and neurosurgeon. They changed her feeding tube from a G-Tube to a GJ-Tube with a long extension so after surgery with her having to be on her stomach this will make it easier to feed her through her tube. They added 4 extra hour of feeds through her tube a day to help with her nutrition and also hoping that she would gain some weight. We also added some protein because the bloodwork they did showed that her levels were low and this will help with her healing. They also see in some x-rays that her bowels are very backed up so they are having us do water enemas that have not been a ton of fun. But hopefully all these changes are going to prepare her little body for this big surgery and she will heal quicker and get along a lot better after surgery.

Today Trinity got some new glasses and they make her look older and soooo cute!!! This is going to be a huge adjustment for her, but Trinity is the queen of adjusting. She also started school last week and loves it. She's in an integrated preschool class 3 days a week in the morning. She has some awesome teachers and nurses!! It has been so neat watching her interact with the other kids. She's not real crazy of gym time because of the noise, but luckily it is a big gym with lots of corners! She will be going until next Wednesday and then will be out of school around 3-4 weeks and then only going back part-time until she recovers from surgery.

The last few weeks have brought a lot of adjustments to the Arthur house. With Aubree starting kindergarten, Trinity starting preschool, many medical adjustments for Trinity, new glasses, and just the preparation of the upcoming surgery there has been a lot of stress and tears. God has blessed us with an amazing family and Shannon and I feel so blessed in so many ways! A few weeks ago we had the privilege of sharing in one of the most awesome experiences. Trinity and Trew were dedicated at Co-Line pond in Sully by Joel Schnell (Shannon's brother-in-law). The day could not have been more perfect! Since moving away from Iowa we have not felt led to join a church and since finding out about this surgery I had felt the need to get Trinity dedicated, but didn't really feel comfortable doing it without our family present. So with much prayer we asked Joel because he is someone that Shannon and I have a lot of respect for and look up to as a Godly man. We had all our family there to witness and to help in praying over our kids and family. It was AWESOME!! There are not enough words to express how amazing the day turned out and how the presence of God was all around us! (Aubree was dedicated in Iowa when she was a baby)

So as next week approaches I am going to work on replacing "fear" with "FAITH"!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the glasses! What a rockstar!

Anonymous said...

She looks scrumptious in her new glasses!! LOVE! We love you and will be praying for you all, that above all, God will be glorified through you.

I'm in a women's Bible study right now, and we're studying Psalm 91. It's the first thing that came to my mind after reading your post. I pray it blesses you and brings you comfort. When you start to feel afraid, just speak God's Word OUT LOUD and those demons will flee. They can't compete with God's Holy Word! :) :) :)

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the LORD, who is my refuge—
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

roduns said...

The glasses are adorable! She is precious!

Thanks for keeping us updated! Praying for you!

And I just saw Danielle's comment about Psalm 91 - one of my all time favorites and has been a great comfort to me over the years.

Liz and Will Timmerman said...

Trinity is so cute with her new glasses! It makes her look so grown up too. :0) I'm so glad that I caught up on your blog before Trinity's big surgery this week. We are praying HARD for your fear to be replaced by faith, and for everything to go smoothly on Thursday. I cannot imagine how difficult this next step in your journey is on you and your entire family, but please know that we are always praying and Trinity has a special angel in Heaven who is watching out for her too.
Lots of love,
The Timmermans

Camie said...

Thinking of Trinity and you all at this time, Miranda. Love you always.