Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Heavy Hearts

I should have posted last week, but just couldn't find the words to write. On March 9th Trinity's dear friend, Will, went to be with his Heavenly Father. Trinity and Will became good friends at Gillette in July 2010 when Trinity had her G-Tube placed. Over the past couple years their family has become family to us. Will's mom, Rebecca, has become a great friend to me. Someone that I admire as I would watch her care for Will and do it with so much love and grace. She inspired me to always be better and to not focus on the negatives, but to look at the gift that God had given me. In September when Trinity had her growing rod placed, Will also had a surgery (we may have planned the timing!). Trinity and Will's rooms were across from each other and all the nurses and doctors called them Romeo and Juliet! On Friday Trinity and I made the trip to Algona, Iowa for Will's funeral. What a beautiful service and the Pastor did an amazing job with the message. I was very nervous taking Trinity, but I'm glad I did. She was confused at first and still asks for Will, but I know he will forever be her "Angel"!! Please take some time to visit his Caring Bridge website, www.caringbridge.org/visit/willlewis

Not much is new here. Trinity has a dentist appointment tomorrow and some other upcoming checkups. We did hear from Dr. Walker that they will be lengthening her growing rod on May 2. This should be a simple procedure with just an overnight stay.

We are enjoying this wonderful weather!!! The kids love being outside and playing with the neighbor girls.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like he really touched your lives. I'll be praying for that mama tonight!

Liz and Will Timmerman said...

I am so sorry to hear about Will and my heart aches for his family and friends. Trinity has another angel watching out for her, that is for sure. All my love,
Liz Timmerman