Friday, October 4, 2013

Laughing in the Rain!!

You know those days when you start to feel sorry for yourself or those days that you wonder what more is God going to give me that He thinks I can handle? I have those days far to often, but yesterday I was getting Trinity off the bus and in the rain she found laughter! She thought it was so funny that we were running in the rain and that we were getting wet. She wasn't upset or complaining, just laughing! You see with a lot of things that Trinity faces in life, she finds laughter and joy. She gets up in the morning and starts everyday with a smile on her face and joy in her heart. Her obstacles don't get her down and she never complains. I know she's only 5, but not once has she ever asked, "Why me?". I often wonder if this day will ever come, but for some reason I don't think it will. God brought this amazing little girl into our lives and so many others. She has a purpose and I know that God uses her to open my eyes to the joy that I am missing out on. So the next time I think I need to complain about my circumstances, I'm going to picture my little girl, laughing in the rain!!

1 comment:

Liz and Will Timmerman said...

I love this post! You have an amazing girl, and I am so glad that I have the honor of knowing Trinity AND her beautiful Mama who has the strength and grace of a true Warrior. I can't tell you how much I love to hear about Trinity and her beautiful, God-given light!
xoxox
The Timmermans