Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Trinity is Home!!!!




Trinity is finally home after 11 days in the NICU!!! Shannon and I got to bring her home around 7:30 last night. Yesterday when I got to the hospital the doctors were doing their rounds and asked if we were comfortable bringing Trinity home and doing the catheter. Since Shannon and I have both got to do the catheter a few times with the help of the nurses we both felt comfortable doing it on our own. Before Trinity left the hospital they did an ultrasound on her hips to make sure that they are in place and the ultrasound showed that her hips looked good. Although it is exciting to bring Trinity home, it is somewhat overwhelming and scary. We are doing the catheter every 4 hours and she is eating about every 3-4 hours. She's also on two different medicines. One is to make sure she don't get infection on her back and the other is to make sure she don't get bladder infection from the catheter. The nurses were very kind in making us a schedule so we don't miss anything. I forgot what it is like to wake up in the middle of the night and take care of a baby. We are doing the catheter and then feeding her while the catheter is in, otherwise we would have to sit and wait for it and that usually takes about 20 minutes to drain her bladder. She does her job and we usually are back in bed in about 1 hour. We are very blessed with Trinity and Aubree. Trinity rarely crys and is such a calm baby. Aubree has been really good since we brought Trintiy home and although it has been an adjustment for her she's been a great sister to Trinity, she even shared her blankie with Trinity today. Shannon is back at work and my mom is still here helping me. My dad flys in tomorrow night and then my mom and dad will leave on Sunday morning. It will be really hard having them leave, but Kathy will be here Sunday night to help us for two weeks. We have a lot of followup appointments for Trinity in the next two weeks. This makes it challenging when we have to do the catheter every 4 hours. Trinity's lesion looks really good, it is still leaking, but they don't seem really concerned about it. We have a Home Health Nurse that is coming to our house 2-3 times a week. She came today and looked at Trinity and went through some paperwork with me. She has another patient with Spina Bifida and gave me the mom's phone # so I could contact her and get some info to help us contact different people that can help us with some of the medical bills that we will have with Trinity. It will also be nice to talk to her for support and also since she knows what Shannon and I are going through. The nurse is really nice and has a lot of information that will really help us get through this. It is hard sometimes to think of what we have to do for Trinity, but like the nurse said today, Trinity will never know any different and someday Shannon and I will not either. This is definitely going to be an adjustment for our family, but with God and each other I know that we can get through anything. God always tells us that he will not give us more then we can handle. I have come to realize that someone somewhere always has it so much harder then we do. If you remember back to my blogs when I was doing the NST(non stress test) I had met a lady by the name of Liz. They were also having a baby with Spina Bifida. Unfortunately last week when I was checking her blog I found that they had lost their baby boy, Luke, on February 19. They show amazing strength in their blog and I can't imagine what they are going through. Please pray for them during this tough time and ask God to give them an understanding as to why he chose to take Luke at such a young age. We continue to appreciate all the support that we have received from all of you. It is overwhelming sometimes to think that this many people are lifting us up in prayer. We really feel your love and your prayers. God has blessed Shannon and I with so much in our 4 years of marriage and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the future. We have posted some pictures of when we were leaving the hospital and when we got home. There is a picture of us and our favorite nurse, Marsha. We were very blessed to have such great nurses while Trinity was in the NICU. Marsha was definitely one of our favorites and it always made us feel good when we knew she was taking care of Trinity.

5 comments:

Camie said...

Miranda and Shannon,
So great to hear Trinity is finally home and things are going well. You both have tremendous strength and courage. It's great to see the smiles on your face. Of course I didn't expect anything less. It's great to see you're all doing so good. I'm glad you've had so many helping hands with your parents and friends. God is good all the time. May his love and strength continue to pour out over your lives and your family. Take care, and we love you very much. James and Camie Coffer

jrandkara said...

How exciting to have Trinity home! I'm sure big sister is enjoying it too! Thanks so much for keeping everyone updated on Trinity, it is amazing to see how the lord is working for Trinity and your family! She is beautiful and we can't wait to see you guys. Take this time that you have help to rest and heal and let others help you, i know it's hard sometimes to do that. Well just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you guys and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys and can't wait to see you!

love,
JR,Kara,Trey and Masin

Brenda said...

Arthur Family,
So glad to hear your all home together!

I've been checking in and I have just the greatest feeling of confidence that things are going to be ok. Miranda, your faith just radiates calmness and a tranquil peace to all who read this blog. Hold on to that and let that be your guide.

I'm happy to hear your mom is still able to be there with you. Lean on her and let her help so that you can gain some rest. I will do my part and keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't attempt to make homemade pizza or fudge while she is there. If that comes up, just tell her ordering out sounds easier!

Just kiddin Paula Jo,

Love you guys always,
Brenda Stutelberg and family

Ashley Arkema said...

Miranda & Shannon,
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. I just recently heard the exciting news that you were expecting again and wow look at what a beautiful girl she is! I love the name! I will continue to lift your family up in prayers as you have an amazing journey ahead of you. I'm glad Trinity's home and I pray that she continues to heal and that she blesses your lives in so many ways.
Miss you-keep in touch.
Ashley

CureSMA4Stella said...

So glad to hear you all are home. You all look GREAT! :) Wish I could give you a big hug right now to let you know what a great job you are doing for your little girls! Keep up the positive attitude!
Love,
Sarah, Travis, Treyton and Stella Turnbull