Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

Sorry that we haven't updated in awhile, but things have been going pretty good. We kinda had a scare on Monday thinking that Trinity's shunt was not working again. She was vomitting and just not acting like herself, but it ended up being a bad cold. We are just glad it wasn't the shunt.
She continues to do physical therapy in Pella and it is going really good. Trinity is learing to waive bye-bye and gets really excited when she does it. It is funny how you take the little things forgranted with your kids. We get so excited when Trinity does something (like eating solids for the first time). She definately has made some progres, but we still have a long ways to go.
We did find a house and we will be moving next week. We are really excited to finally be a family again and to get Trinity into some doctors up there. Shannon has been living by himself for the past month in Minnesota and the girls and I have been living between Lynnville and Montezuma. We are just blessed to have such great parents that love us enough to let us live with them!!
I can't "thank" all of you enough for all the prayers. We feel them so much!! I am asking that you also remember Shannon and I in your prayers. Not very often do I talk about our feelings through all of this, but lately I have really been struggling with things, and when I see other children and then realize how far behind Trinity is and start wondering if she will ever crawl, walk, or even roll over. My heart breaks for her, but sometimes I think it selfishly breaks for myself. It is very hard to not be bitter at times, but God is constitantly showing me how much he loves Trinity and loves us. For those of you that know Trinity, she is full of smiles and is such a happy baby. She has definately been Shannon and my inspiration through all of this. I don't know too many babies that could go through all that and still have a smile on their face. I am sorry for rambling, but sometimes it is nice to just let it out and to have people praying for ya. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!!

4 comments:

Stefanie Van Wyk said...

Glad to hear things have been going well and that you've found a house! I'm sure you have a lot of up and down times, but I'll pray that you can stay up. Hang in there! Enjoy your precious girls!
Love,
The Van Wyks

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you guys have found a place to live and will be moving in soon. It will be so nice to be all together again and yet closer to your family also.
Miranda, it's ok to vent, you need to, it also helps all of us to know exactly what to pray for.
You and Shannon are great parents and also great role models to other couples. I know Brooke and Tyler think the world of you two, and of course so do Kelly and I.
Thank you so much for coming to the wedding. It was a great day. I hope you all have fun too.
Hang in there and remember God does NOT give us more than we can handle.
Love you all
Kelly, Sammi and Dallas

Liz and Will Timmerman said...

Miranda,
I'm so glad your family will be reunited again and that you found a home. I want you to know that I think about you often, and that Will and I pray for Trinity and your family daily. I know what you mean about your heart breaking for Trinity, and even for yourself too. That is a natural parent feeling, and you just want the best for your daughter. I think you are doing an amazing job and I can't imagine being in your shoes. If words could wrap a hug around you, that's my wish with this post. You are not alone.
Love,
Liz & Will Timmerman

roduns said...

Very happy to hear that Trinity is waving, doing well, and that you found a house! Awesome! We are praying for you!

Love,
Rochelle, Matt, & Ethan