Monday, December 22, 2008

10 Months Old


As we near the holiday season we wanted to take some time to reflect over the last 10 months and the appreciation we feel for all our family and friends.

Ten months ago yesterday the Lord blessed us with a beautiful baby girl. When she arrived we had no idea the things we would face and the decisions we would have to make. Trinity has been such a "Joy" not only to our lives, but to many others!

When I think of the frustration I feel when we have to face yet another surgery I think of our friends the Timmerman's. As they celebrate Christmas this year they are also suffering the loss of their little boy Luke, that was stillborn a couple days before Trinity was born. My heart goes out to them during these holidays. God brought Liz and I together during our NST and I thank God for that. She has shown me so much strength and courage and I hope I can be half the woman she is. Even though Luke and Trinity never met, I know that he is looking down on her and is watching over her everyday and every trial that she faces. There is nothing harder then losing a child, and even though I can't relate with this term, I can only sympathize with the mothers and fathers that have. So to all of you that are celebrating Christmas this year and missing your loved ones, my heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that you feel a sense of "Peace" from the Lord and know that the ones that have passed on are celebrating with our Lord and Savior.

This year as I was doing my shopping for gifts an overwhelming feeling of hurt and pain came over me. I was struggling with what to buy Trinity for Christmas. What do you buy for a child that can't move her legs, can't crawl, and can't sit on her own? Well let me tell you there is not much out there. But God spoke to me in that moment and showed me that Trinity's gift has already been given to her, she has a great family and wonderful friends. Some of you she has never met, but God has connected us through all your prayers. When you see the smile on her face you realize there is nothing in this world that could break her spirit. She has shown me so much strength, patience, and love. So our worldly gift to her this year may have been small but our spiritual gift to her is what really matters. As we look into 2009 Shannon and I want to make a difference in Trinity's life and others in need. Making our relationship with God our number one priority and showing our children that God is what is most important in our lives. I know there are going to be days of anger and frustration, but who understands more then our Lord, who gave his only son so we could have eternal life with him.

So our gift to you, our friends and family, is that as we near another year we pray that you would make God your Lord and Savior. No matter what you are facing today He will carry you through it.

Thank you for helping us through this challenging year. We could not have done it without the support of all our family and friends. Your generosity and support will never be forgotten. All of you hold a special place in our hearts!!

Merry Christmas,
The Arthur's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miranda, that was beautifully written...the tears are falling right now. Trinity is such a gift, and she also has received the amazing gift of having parents like you and Shannon. Never ever forget that, or doubt that!

Lots of Love! Hope to see you at Christmas!!!

Liz and Will Timmerman said...

Miranda,
Thank you for your beautiful post. I am so glad you know that Trinity is being watched over by Luke everyday. I wish that I could see Trinity's beautiful smile in person and witness the joy that radiates off of her. She truly is a beacon of light to all of us, as her spirit will not be broken. I cannot imagine the road that you have been on these past 10 months, but I want to tell you that you and Shannon are an inspiration to Will and I. As we miss our Luke this Christmas, know that your sweet family is in our prayers as we treasure the people that have come into our lives because of Luke, Trinity and God's unending grace.

All our love, and Merry Christmas,
Liz & Will Timmerman

CureSMA4Stella said...

Miranda,
What a beautiful post!!!! You are so right about Trinity and the gift that she is! I had the same frustration when looking for Christmas gifts for Stella but you are right, they are loved by so many people and that is such an awesome gift!!! When I see you, I need to tell you about switch toys as it might be something Trinity could get interested in . . . sorry about the troubling MRI (I'm just finally catching up on blogs as it's crazy around here) but we all know that she will be taken care of! So glad you were able to make it back to be with family and friends. Can't wait to see you guys on Friday!
Love, Sarah and family
www.caringbridge.org/visit/stellaturnbullturnbull