Thursday, March 19, 2009

Physical Therapy

I know it has been a long time since we last updated you. Trinity has been a busy little girl with doing her PT twice a week. She has been such a trooper and doing a great job! They are mostly working on her upper body strength and getting her to build those muscles so she can roll and sit. She tends to cry the whole time (which is an hour), but I am trying really hard to allow her to cry and be strong for the both of us. I never knew it would be so hard to push your child, but it is and I don't think it will ever get any easier. Today they really pushed Trinity and did a number of different things with her. They have a variety of things that help her, like a wedge, corner chair, tube, and some other things that I am struggling to come up with a name for them. Last week I sat her in the corner chair (that has a tray so she can play with toys) and put her next to Aubree while she was playing with her barbies. Aubree put some of her barbies on Trinity's tray and they played together for about an hour. It was the cutest thing and made my day!! I wish I could take pictures for you, but we need to go buy a new camera, so hopefully I will have some pics up for you soon.

Yesterday was also a milestone for Trinity. We bought her a big girl car seat! I know some of you are thinking what is the big deal, but trust me this is a BIG deal. We have been struggling on what we were going to do when Trinity grew out of the infant car seat, but yesterday during our trip to Target I decided to put Trinity in the shopping cart sitting up and then strapping her in. I wish I would have had a video camera with me so you all could have seen the expression on her face. She loved it!! I took a picture with my phone camera and I am trying to figure out how to get it on my computer so when I do I will make sure to post it, but it was the cutest thing! I also found at Target a shopping cart cover so Trinity can sit in that and then there are straps that will go over her shoulders and around her tummy, I haven't tried it yet, but I am praying that it will work. It was a great day for me because it means that Trinity is getting stronger and that we are moving in the right direction (for once). We haven't got to try the car seat yet, but when we make our 4 1/2hr trip back to Iowa tomorrow she will get plenty of time in it. Aubree is really looking forward to it, she thinks that they will be able to play with eachother.

We don't have a lot coming up. Trinity has an appointment at Shriners on April 10th and then an MRI on the 22nd. She will continue her PT twice a week when we get back from Iowa. I ask that you would continue to keep Trinity in your prayers. Everyday is a struggle for her and for us as a family. Your prayers help us be lifted up everyday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is all SO great to hear!! I can't even imagine how much of a struggle it is for all of you, but just know that you're doing GREAT. I truly admire you for your strength...

Have safe travels!!! :)