Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Post Surgery

I don't have much new to report. Trinity's surgery went great. The only not so great part about it is that the shunt was working fine, so it is not the problem. They did replace the valve. They said that the one that she had was an adult size one and so they replaced it with a smaller one. She has a larger incision and they moved it more behind her ear so it won't bother her in the future. She's doing pretty good, but is heavily medicated. They just got done doing a chest x-ray to see if she has fluid in her lungs. She has been getting really raspy in her chest and they are a little concerned because she vomited last night and they are afraid she may have sucked some of it back into her lungs. Hopefully we will know something soon. If that comes back fine then we should get to go home this afternoon. She has been such a trooper like always.

So you are probably asking what the plan is from here? Good question, I talked to one of the residents (because you never talk to the actual doctor around here) he said he was going to talk to Dr. Haines about what should be done next. I am not real sure who's court this is in now, but we will find an answer as to why she has been vomiting. I will say that over the last 4 days she has been doing really good with keeping things down, so maybe the GREAT Physician is already working and we don't need any answers! I will keep you posted with what the plans are.

Sorry we don't have any pictures, but I still don't have a camera and Shannon is hopefully going to bring me one today! Please keep Trinity in your prayers as she recovers and as we find answers for why she is vomiting and losing weight.

Updated:
Trinity will be staying overnight tonight in the hospital. They want to watch her and just make sure that the raspy noise that they are hearing starts to clear up. Her chest x-ray looks good so they are not overly concerned, but want to be safe, rather then sorry!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Miranda,
Thank you for the update on our little miss Trinity. My heart goes out to you and I'm in awe at how tough this little girl is, and how amazingly strong you have been through all of this. I am praying for you to find the answers you need and the medical stuff to stabalize so we can focus on her development. I miss not seeing you.
Cheering you on from afar.

CureSMA4Stella said...

Miranda,
Just checking in and didn't realize Trinity had surgery . . . I'm so sorry I didn't know this! I'm praying no news is good news and that she is doing ok. Will keep you close in our hearts and prayers!
Love, the Turnbulls