Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 3

The G-Tube is in and everything went great! Trinity is currently laying in her bed enjoying the morphine and watching some cartoons. Everything went great during surgery and Trinity is doing really well with pain and the adjustment of having a foreign thing sticking out of her abdomen. They are doing antibiotics through her IV over the next 24hrs to prevent her shunt from getting infected and then hopefully tomorrow morning we will be able to start some slow feeds on her feeding tube and be able to go home Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

It truly amazes me everytime we are in the hospital and the amazing people that we meet. Today I met a mother of a child with cerebral palsy and has serious seizures. His name is Will and he is an amazing little boy that has amazed a lot of people in his life. They almost lost Will on Friday night to a simple mistake by the hospital staff, but by the grace of God he is here today and fighting hard to go home soon. This family has faced many trials in Will's 3 years of life, but they have an amazing strength. A doctor put it very well to me yesterday "Being at Gillette makes me feel out of place instead of the patients feeling out of place!" and that statement is so true. I love that Trinity gets to come to a place that makes her feel comfortable for who she is and without the stares. Trinity can wheel down the hallway and see all her friends wheeling along side her and it feels good!

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

Praying for you all.

Becca-Lew said...

I am so glad we got the chance to meet here in the hospital. God puts the right people in the right places for a reason. I believe nothing is a coincidence. Miranda, you are such a strong mom! Your girls are so lucky to have you. And that Aubrey, is so beautiful in your family picture. Trinity is such a smart girl. And I know she has a big future in store of her. She will do a lot of amazing things. I would give anything if Will could even do half of the things she can do. I know she has a grand purpose in life, as I am sure she has already inspired many lives. Please stay in touch! I miss you guys already (especially Trininty wheeling around on her little car!! So CUTE!!)
Your Sister in Faith - Rebecca (Will's Mom)