Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Name "Framed Faith"

Some of you may have noticed the changes to the blog. I'm not very smart when it comes to this kind of thing, but after having the blog for almost 6 years and a title, "babygirlarthur", I thought it was only appropriate, with Trinity soon turning 6, to make some changes.
Why "Framed Faith"? This Christmas I received a book from my best friend, Camie. The book is called "The Simple Joys of Motherhood". I spent some time last night reading through some of the pages and a page that stood out to me was "Framed Faith". One of the verses on the page was from Psalm 9: 1-2,
"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High."
The part of this verse that stuck with me was, "I will tell of all your wonderful deeds." Since starting this blog all we have ever wanted was to make sure God gets ALL the glory for the things in our lives and Trinity's. Some of my most treasured pictures are framed! We frame them because we want them displayed and to keep them from getting ruined or destroyed. I treasure my faith and want to frame it! My faith keeps my eyes focused on Him and not the storms of this life that want to take me down with them. My faith gives me: joy, love, hope, peace, grace, forgiveness, strength and an eternal home in Heaven! Shannon and I have been asked at least a dozen times how we stay so strong through all that Trinity has been through. The answer is God and God alone!! He is the only reason I am able to get my head off the pillow in the morning and function through the day. He gives me strength in my weakness and joy in my sorrow!
We will keep using this blog to inform you of things happening in Trinity's life and ours, but also to share our deep love for The Lord! We love your comments, but most importantly we love your prayers!
Just remember one thing as your read this blog, I am not a writer and composition was not one of my strong suits in college, so please don't criticize my grammar!! :-)
"Just as angels are attracted to the light of joy and kindness,
so too, are miracles attracted to the lamp of faith and love."
-Mary Augustine

No comments: