Wednesday, April 9, 2008

4/9/08


Trinity had an appointment with the plastic surgeon on Friday. He wants to leave her back alone for a week or two and see if it starts to granulate and heal on it's own. He really wants to avoid surgery if at all possible so her little body don't have to go through anymore trauma. We are changing the dressing twice a day and using an ointment that is used for wound care. When cleaning the open area it makes it very difficult because of the way it looks and also wondering if we might be hurting her when cleaning it. It is very hard as her parents knowing that the area is open and wondering if it is ever going to heal. I can't imagine having an area like that on my body and not be in pain. We go back to see the plastic surgeon tomorrow. We are hoping that it has improved and maybe we are headed down the path to recovery for Trinity. There is still the possibility for surgery if this area don't start healing on it's own or if it starts to leak any fluid from the spine.
As for her hearing, we still have not heard anything from the doctors. Hopefully we will get some news by the end of the week. The neurosurgeon thinks that it might be something called Chiari II Malformation, which is common with spina bifida. She wanted to review the tests that were done on Trinity and see if it could be a possibility, if she thinks it is she might order a MRI. This is usually corrected with surgery. Please pray that the doctors would discover what is going on and we can work on correcting the problem.
Aubree is back at home with her mom and dad. She had a great time in Iowa with all her family and friends. Thank you to everyone that helped with her stay in Iowa and made it so much easier on Shannon and I while Trinity was in the hospital.
Co-Line Welding is sponsoring a benefit for Trinity on June 7th. They will start with their annual Poker Run that will then end at Old Setts for a Benefit Hog Roast with Bryan De Jong’s & Chris Rumer’s band playing. This means a lot to Shannon and I and our family that the Brand's thought of Trinity for the proceeds to go to.
Thanks again to everyone for all your thoughts, phone calls, gifts, and prayers. We appreciate all of them and are very blessed to have such great friends and family!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Miranda,

Please know that you continue to be in my family's prayers. Our son Luke has a special connection with Trinity, and is praying to God for her healing. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I was at the dr.'s last week, and there was a note posted for a group for Moms with Special Children. The woman running the group has a son with spina bifida. I couldn't help but think I would be in that group if my son had lived, and so I thought I would pass it along to you. Email me if you want more info.

You are not alone in this Miranda. God holds your family close to his heart.
Love,
Liz

Shelly Seymour said...

When its hardest to pray, pray the hardest. Thats what someone told me one time. I thought "easy for you to say" but looking back on it, I couldnt have made it through some tough times without it. So pray hard Miranda. I love you, Aunt Shelly

Benjamin Anthony said...

Trinity you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Continue to heal sweethart. We hope you do not have to come back to the hospital. Mom and Dad say it is so loud in my new room. Your mom was right about needing ear plugs! The little girl next to me desat's all the time! When there are multiple monitors beeping it sounds like an awful symphony.

Hugs,
Kati, Chris, and Ben